Thursday, October 30, 2014

Me? At Apple? WOW...

Dear Teachers,

Many years ago, when I decided to become a preschool teacher because I just liked those cute little kids so darned much, I would never have been able to predict the trajectory of my professional career.

After teaching the 3 & 4 year old set for just a few years, I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home with my own kids when they were young. When my son entered kindergarten, his school's librarian was the best example of a librarian I had ever seen, and I decided I wanted to try that, so I went to library school. I loved being a librarian and figured I'd probably end my career at that point. But then I applied for this Instructional Technology position, and the world opened up to me even more.

Last week, I got to go to at the Apple campus in Austin. Yes: APPLE. The Steve Jobs one. I met new colleagues from all over the state and we worked - and will continue to work - on writing new courses for iTunes U, a project of TASA (Texas Association of School Administrators). You can read about the project here. I am still pinching myself: Me? At APPLE? How did that happen?

Mostly I am just so grateful - and astonished - at the luck I've had, and at the truly amazing colleagues I meet or get to work with every day.



Fondly,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment